invasive bladder cancer with G3 cell mutation.
On 20th July 2002 I had blood in my urine. 22nd August was the first attempt to find out why by a flexible cystoscopty under local anesthisia. It confirmed that I had a malignant tumour immediately after the cystoscopy. On 4th September I had and IVU Intravenous Urogram but the results were not submitted until 18th September. In the meantime, on 16th September I had a rigid cystoscopy under general anesthesia where they found that the tumour was a fairly large (1 cm?) and it was removed: transurethral resection. On 30th September I had a bone scan that showed possible spread in the ribs but most unlikely as it could be a scar from childhood. On 10th October I had an MRI Scan. On 23rd October I had a meeting when I was told that my cancer was invasive and that I needed radical surgery and reconstruction of the bladder. On 12th November I had a meeting with the oncologist who suggested that I would given chemotherapy once every four weeks for three months and then complete cystecomy and reconstruction of bladder. On 13th November I had a CT Scan of abdomen and chest. It was supposed to be head also but they said that was a clerical error. They had another meeting on my case on 15th November and I am waiting to hear from them on 18th November. It is decision time and I am wondering whether I should have second opinion. Sometimes patients are used on clinical trials and it is most difficult to tell whether orthodox medical treatment is best or complimentary treatment. Has any one out there been in exactly my position? Please advise.